Health is wealth they say…Let’s talk about the benefits of breakfast.
Breakfast is the first meal of the day , often eaten in the early morning before starting up the usual daily activities. It is the most important meal of the day. Not only does it gives you energy to start a new day , but breakfast is linked to many health benefits , which includes;
- Eating a healthy breakfast can give you a more nutritionally complete diet , higher in nutrients , vitamins and minerals.
- It helps control your weight and improve performance.
- It can improve concentration and get you ready for your day to day activities.
- It gives strength and endurance to engage in daily activities .
- It can reduce your risk of heart disease.
- Breakfast high in protein can keep you full for long and can also prevent you you from overeating or making poor food choices later on.
Dieticians have discovered that a healthy breakfast can reduce hunger throughout the day. Skipping your morning meal is not an effective strategy for weight loss plain, most people think they save calories by skipping breakfast. Studies have shown that there is a high tendency of you eating more at lunch and throughout the whole day when you skip breakfast all in the name of saving calories. Try not to skip breakfast because it gives the body the vital fuel it needs to start the day and begin essential exercises.