The Deputy Governor of Ondo State, Agboola Ajayi is facing impeachment proceedings in the Ondo state House of Assembly today.
According to an Impeachment notice seen by POLITICS NIGERIA, 7 allegations were levelled against Agboola as grounds for his removal. Read them below;
1. Gross Misconduct
2. Abuse of office with actions likely to bring down Ondo State Government
3. Financial Recklessness
4. Abandonment of office, official duty and other Assignments
5. Actions on Sunday 21st June 2020 likely to cause breach of peace in reference to 1983 political crisis with the intent to incite the citizens against the government of Ondo State in a video clip at Government house-ground
before the Commissioner of Police, Ondo State.
6. Publications dated Tuesday 23″ June 2020 on new media and prints media by his sacked aide Babatope Okeowo credited to his person and office by Sahara Reporters, Sunrisebulletin.com and others maligning the credibility of the legislative arm of Government with false allegations of cash inducement.
7. Petition from All Progressive Congress (APC) Ondo Chapter on his alleged movement to Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) having sworn-in as the Deputy Governor on the Party’s Ticket with Mr Governor for a 4 years term.